Prepares, seasons and cooks food for hospital patients, employees and visitors. This position is responsible for providing healthy, nutritious, good tasting and pleasant looking food to all patients, employees and guests. All hot food should be prepared and served at the correct temperature to increase overall satisfaction by everyone. Hot foods should be hot and cold foods should be cold. Principal accountabilities include:
- Prepares, seasons and cooks food using a variety of cooking utensils and equipment not limited to: slicers, blenders, fryers, grills, steamers, and ovens
- Prepares all foods by instruction in recipe binder. Portion control, tally calculations to avoid over/under production
- Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process.
- High school graduate or equivalent or relevant training/work experience. Culinary Arts degree preferred.
- ServSafe Management Certification required - or must obtain within 60 days of hire.
- At least 2 years experience in large-scale commercial or institutional production kitchen
- Knowledge of volume food production, grilling techniques, sanitation serving/storage of food
- ability to perform simple computations and record keeping; strong communication and customer service skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.