The Assistant Concierge Manager is a guest facing position who will lead a team of Concierge Ambassadors by example to ensure a five star, high quality guest experience. This position is dedicated to ensuring unparalleled service in all interactions for valued guests. This includes, but is not limited to, service via phone, email and in person. Must be able to multi-task, track and resolve issues to completion and exhibits professionalism on a consistent basis. Manages the collection of guest feedback, sources solutions and ensures a timely response in conjunction with proper communication of feedback to internal team members, especially the General Manager for the property. The position will provide leadership support; and assistance to the team; train and coach staff as needed and enforce all Caruso policies and procedures. Must demonstrate willingness and ability to shift priorities as needed. Must be an organized, proactive self-starter, able to research and problem solve, while always maintaining excellent judgment and ethics.
The position reports directly to the Concierge Manager, but will have dotted line reporting to General Manager & Director of Hospitality.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Fulfill guest/resident and home owner service requests including, but not limited to; in home dining orders, restaurant reservations, travel arrangements, mobile charger rentals, maintenance requests, dry cleaning services, package delivery, bell cart runs, stroller/wheel chair/umbrella rental, as well as any and additional legal requests to fulfill the “full service” commitment.
- Ensure monthly reports are completed and submitted to management.
- Assist Concierge Manager in collecting the Reconciliation of sales, including managing daily cash deposits as needed. This involves Gift Card and Special Event Deposits.
- Ensure uniform guidelines are adhered to by Concierge Ambassadors at all times. Must be clean and pressed and worn in the appropriate manner. Execute uniform inventory monthly and review with Concierge Manager.
- Assist Concierge Manager in managing all holiday activities including Santa House staffing and sales, and any additional staffing for residential and property events.
- Coordinate customer and guests needs with other departments as required, ensuring a seamless guest experience.
- DirectandoverseetheprocessofenteringnewCarusoRewardsMemberRegistration; Able to communicate benefits of the program to team members and all guests.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of holiday activations such and the Santa House, and Bunny Bungalow.
- Consistently promote American Express Gift Card program; generating sales and processing transactions per Gift Card policy and procedure guidelines. Accountable for tracking weekly sales and reporting them in weekly management meeting.
- Understands and adheres to Steps of Service and is responsible for keeping knowledge current in regards to property information, events, changes, etc. Communicates this information to both the team and guests appropriately.
- Employee shall work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. Under no circumstances will non-cooperative behavior be tolerated.
- High School diploma
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer service role (ideally hotel, restaurant or retail capacity)
- Self-starter with lots of initiative, team spirit and positive nature
- Tenacious with excellent follow up
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills (written + verbal)
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Proven problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Able to operate in a luxury environment where attention to detail and providing a superb guest experience is vital. Possess the ability to be creative, flexible and think “outside the box”
Physical demands and work environment:
- Able to multi-task and maintain good temperament during high pressure situations.
- Able to push a Bell Cart or Flat Bed up to 35 pounds.
- Standing, walking & sitting up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Must be clean shaven at all times.
- Working outdoors up to 8 hours a day.
- Equipment used: Phone system, computer equipment, radio, flat bed cart, strollers, wheelchair, umbrellas, stanchions, and signage.
- Must be flexible and willing to work different shifts as needed, including weekends, nights and some holidays.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.