Temporary- Full Time Position is Available at Burien Medical. The Health Care Assistant must be bilingual in English/Spanish and is a key member of the patient care team, supporting the care team to ensure the patient receives current and ongoing primary care services in a timely, courteous and professional manner at all times. The Health Care Assistant will work collaboratively, efficiently and effectively with other members of the care team, such as the provider, Medical Assistants, on-site Integration Specialists, Care Coordinators, Health Educators, Dieticians, and Behavioral Health Specialists.
The care team works collaboratively to ensure improved health outcomes, smooth patient flow throughout the care process, and ultimately an exceptional experience for the patient. The Health Care Assistant duties are include but are not limited to the following: assist with provider referrals, scheduling appointments, receive, document and return patient messages, coordinate needed services both internally and externally, ensuring communication and documentation for comprehensive patient care. The Health Care Assistant will also be responsible for managing quality gap reports, contacting patients and creating appointments and follow up as needed. The Health Care Assistant may have other duties as assigned such as but not limited to performing QI audits; participation in organizational committees, performing retina scanning and providing shadowing opportunities for new staff.
- The person in this position must demonstrate professionalism and integrity at all times and must have the physical and emotional stability and personality suited to meet the physical, mental, emotional and social needs of the population served.
- Must possess high school graduation/GED or higher.
- Previous experience in Family Medicine is preferred.
- Possess and maintain CPR certification.
- Must adhere to the Sea Mar Employee Health Screening Policy.
- Maybe asked to travel to another Sea Mar sites due to staffing and patient needs.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click submit. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Samuel Romero, Health Center Administrator at SamuelRomero@seamarchc.org