Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next. Description:
This position will support outbound and inbound licensing for Xperi’s product portfolios, a business within the company that generates $500 million of revenue annually. Specifically, the successful candidate will draft and negotiate highly-complex domestic and international licensing agreements, while considering various related legal, business and financial issues. This position will communicate with internal colleagues, including within the sales, legal, operations and finance teams. The successful candidate will be an effective business partner who is able to provide practical advice, lead negotiations with customers, and close commercial deals. Title and compensation to be commensurate with experience.
- Law degree from a top tier accredited law school and California bar license or ability to practice in California as a registered in-house counsel.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house technology company (some in-house experience preferred); experience in drafting and negotiating technology and product licensing agreements is preferred.
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Business-oriented lawyer with great attention to detail and ability to work well with cross-functional organizations.
- Ability to think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and appropriately prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Capable of articulating complex issues succinctly and identifying and assessing risk efficiently.