Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
Entry level position in a Parts Distribution Center for Heavy Duty Truck Parts.
- This position is not entitled to benefits.
- Limited to working no more than 8 hours per day and no more than 24 hours per week.
- Limited to working no more than 980 hours in a calendar year.
- Receive, verify and store incoming material; pick required quantity of material for processing.
- Pick and prepare material for shipment.
- Package material to ensure protection of parts in transit.
- Stage material in proper location for shipment and/or loads on trailer.
- Audit storage locations for proper quantity and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Operation of Voice Directed Picking Equipment.
- Operate power vehicles such as a forklift, reach truck and order picker to a height of 24 feet.
- Lift and move parts up to 75 pounds in weight unassisted, pull/push and slide parts up to 100 pounds unassisted, while maintaining quality and production standards in Receiving and Shipping of parts.
- Stoop, bend, twist and reach into 48” deep locations to pull or stock truck parts.
- Stand and/or walk 100% of the work schedule, with exception of break and lunch periods.
- Safely operate and / or work in the vicinity of many types of equipment, such as forklifts, reach trucks, pick trucks, propane powered lifts, battery changing equipment, electric carousels, conveyor lines, heavy duty pneumatic staple guns, compactors, dock levelers, etc.. without risk to self or other employees.
- Maintain housekeeping requirements.
- Communicate effectively with others within and outside the work group.
- Work flexible hours.
- Participation in Continuous Improvement program (TOS) and responsible for coming up with ideas / suggestions for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Basic mathematics skills required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds frequently required.
- Unassisted, pull/push and slide over of parts up to 100 pounds occasionally required.
- Stoop, bend, and twist frequently to complete the task at hand required.
- Reach frequently into 48 inch deep locations to pull or stock truck parts required.
- Stand and/or Walk continuously, with the exception of break and lunch period required.
- Operate Stand-up Reach Lifts and Man-Up Order Picker to a height of 24 feet required.
- Use equipment to lift pallet unit to a height of 24 feet required.
- Safety Equipment and Quality Commitment required.
- Housekeeping, sweeping and emptying trash as necessary required.
- Successful completion of criminal background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
- Three years of Receiving, Shipping and Packing experience preferred.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.