Maintain same day systematic receipt and storage of AMRESCO and customer supplied goods; move or transfer materials between work areas, departments, or buildings. Provide support to Company, employees and management as to shipping regulatory concerns. Process paperwork for international and domestic shipping and obtain missing shipping information. Assure the packaging and shipment of international orders. Maintain Branded Products and pack and hold inventories.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Package orders shipping domestically and internationally.
- Apply knowledge regarding the shipment of hazardous material.
- Process orders for domestic and international shipping, including the use of applicable freight computers and bills of lading.
- Data enter orders to be shipped in 4th Shift and MAS90.
- Complete and maintain required documentation, records, reports, and logs.
- Audit shipments for correct produce name, code, lot number, and quantity.
- Receive materials transferred using material transfer system.
- Assist in solving shipping related issues and problems.
- Use fork lift, pallet jack, and counter balance as necessary and licensed to move and position equipment and material; use care to lift and balance loads properly; operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations, and maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain IATA and DOT shipping certifications.
- Follow guidelines for selecting cost effective freight method when none is indicated.
- Be knowledgeable of what each express freight carrier will and will not accept.
- Schedule and coordinate truck shipments with appropriate production department and carriers.
- Obtain freight quotes for LTL and express carriers.
- Collect items for split orders. Expedite with scheduling when necessary.
- Consolidate orders for shipment.
- Correct improper shipping addresses supplied by Customer Service.
- Pull product and deliver orders to packing area.
- Obtain documentation which may include a Certificate of Analysis from LIMS and Safety Data Sheets from SDS file.
- Stock and rotate material on a first in, first out method (FIFO).
- Remove expired material from product shelf and transfer to disposal area.
- Apply quarantine procedures, which includes segregating and tagging material.
- Verify stock for domestic and international orders.
- Collect items for split orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- High School completion or equivalent (GED)
- 1-3 years of warehousing/shipping experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- OSHA Forklift and HAZMAT certification a plus
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use proper techniques to lift up to 75 pounds. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
- Must have responsible work habits.
- Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
- Must be available to work any shift.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret SOP's, coverage, documents, and regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Understanding of metric system measurements is beneficial.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Skill and ability to type. Skill and ability to operate a computer. Skill and ability to organize and prioritize work. Skill and ability to meet deadlines and operate office equipment. Skill and ability to use Microsoft office tools and company software.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The job requires working in heights, exposure to changes in temperature, driving equipment, and maybe exposed to dust, fumes, or gases.
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@vwr.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.