CDS Part Time Shift Supervisor
Are you outgoing and enthusiastic about interacting with people? If promoting the best brands to today's shoppers sounds appealing, then Club Demonstration Services (CDS), might be the place for you! We are looking for a Supervisor who will promote and share samples with Costco members, as well as assist management with day-to-day operations. You'll join a global workforce of 31,000 employees providing demonstration services across the Unites States and in 9 countries around the world.
CDS is the preferred in-house event marketing provider to Costco. We offer the best person-to-person marketing services in the industry, driving sales for our customers and Costco. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer:
- Immediate, part-time positions
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Flexible hours
- Sales incentives
- Great team members
- Prepare and demonstrate food and non-food vendor products to Costco club members.
- Assist Manager and Senior Shift Supervisor with day-to-day operations, including daily reports and interviewing/training new Product Demonstrators as required.
- Interact with customers and management in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
- Provide excellent customer services, including assessing the needs of the customer to best recommend products.
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Flexible schedule, including weekend availability.
- Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must 18 years or older.
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage the consumer by creating brand awareness and enthusiasm
- Dynamically sell product to the member
- Assist junior team members as required in a team-oriented environment
- Set-up and organize merchandise; prepare vendor products according to written instructions
- Coordinate, organize and close down work area including cleaning and sanitizing, washing and drying dishes and proper storage of equipment
- Adhere to all Food Safety handling and sanitation training and guidelines
- Participate and adhere to all safety policies and practices
- Provide necessary meal and break periods to other Sales Advisors according to State and Federal employment regulations
- Coordinate organization and execution of non-food events, road shows and special events
- Represent and perform duties of the Assistant Event Manager or Senior Shift Supervisor in any absences
- May be responsible to purchase products for event demonstrations and oversee proper storage, disposal, preparation, and servicing of such products and supplies as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Direct Reports- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
Indirect Reports- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job.
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the jobEducation Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: 2-4 Years of experience in retail experience required preferably at a client-side, branded, consumer-packaged goods company; or a combination of supplier-side and client-side experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Ensure High Levels of Service & Quality are Maintained
- Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client Relationships
- Well Organized
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
- NEHA Professional Food Handler Certification required
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps RequirementsIncumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%
• hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.