SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST-PROTEIN EXPRESSION & PURIFICATION in Buffalo, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Research Scientist in Protein Biochemistry to support drug discovery research. The Senior Research Scientist-Protein Expression & Purification is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by demonstrating expertise in both the theoretical and practical aspects of protein purification and characterization. Principal responsibilities are: experimental design, conduct production & analysis experiments, maintenance of detailed records, and generation of standard operating procedures. Major components of the scientist's performance rating will be based on productivity, teamwork, analytical competence, and experimental decision making.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role you will:
- Conduct research work such as protein expression, purification, and analysis in the laboratory
- Provide fit-for-purpose proteins and protein-complexes to drug discovery for example neurodegenerative disease
- Guide and direct recombinant protein production in a variety of systems including E.coli, yeast, insect, and mammalian cells
- Design and troubleshoot protein purification workflows using chromatographic methods (AKTA, Bio-Rad NGS and Waters systems)
- Develop a wide range of biophysical assays including HPLC, SEC-MALS, DLS, and/or LC/MS
- Actively contribute to project teams and work effectively to help advance programs
- Train and lead junior scientists to complete research projects
- Writing SOPs, research proposals, and technical reports
- Present data (written and/or oral) to clients
- PhD or Bachelor’s degree with 7 years’ or Master’s Degree with 5 years’ protein purification experience post the degree; industrial experience is preferred
- Strong experience with cloning, cell culture, recombinant protein purification, and protein analysis
- Extensive experience with protein purification system (AKTA, NGS, or similar)
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, be highly self-motivated, as well as work in a collaborative work environment
- Proved record (such as publications) on managing challenging projects and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills; experience on handling client projects is preferred
- Experience of scientific project management is preferred
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.