Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 18,000 professionals operate from more than 500 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Under limited supervision, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments such as motors, pumps, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
Essential Job Duties:
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
- Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Requisitions new/replacement parts and equipment.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- May assist in tenant improvement construction projects.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Minimum 4 year related work experience to include facilities maintenance, janitorial, and engineering
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments
- Ability to use various testing devises related to the mechanical trades preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team member in a demanding service environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Some knowledge of computers preferred
- Must have the ability to complete required safety classes that pertain to specific job duties
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, schematics, specifications, codes and handbooks preferred
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.