Our Exciting Work Environment
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.
The Director of Category Management for Beverage Programs leads a team responsible for beverage and related categories, consisting of more than $95 Mil in product purchases and $500 Mil in overall beverage sales revenues. This role is directly responsible for overseeing beverage purchase activity, programming and promotions across various non-alcohol categories (carbonated, non-carbonated, water, juice, coffee, teas, mixers) and alcohol categories (beer/wine/liquor). The Director leads and oversees the category planning process, including the development and implementation of category plans, leveraging insights in order to formulate key strategies and initiatives supporting those strategies. The Director is responsible for process, procedures, programs and standards governing specific beverage purchasing programs as executed through approved supplier base.
In this role, you are responsible for achieving results by collaborating closely with subsidiaries, operations management, culinary and food & beverage personnel. The Director acts as primary department liaison to Delaware North subsidiaries, overseeing communication and dissemination of all appropriate information, including critical communication related to food safety, product traceability, recalls and withdrawals. The Director engages and directly manages contracted third party marketing agencies and associated allocated supplier funds, developing programs to enhance revenue, promote DN business, and drive standards. Directs agency in coordinating design, production and fulfillment of POS materials, menus, signage, promotional activities, including the allocation of marketing funds, rebates and in-kind support to offset costs of these activities. Leverages supplier relationships to plan, develop, and implement marketing campaigns and activities designed to drive revenue, profit and/or meet business goals, including developing new ideas on ways to grow the business through partnerships, sponsorship and co-marketing deals.
What Success Looks Like
- Leads team to continually strive to identify, access and fully leverage available supplier resources to meet the needs of the business and support the visions, values and overarching goals/objectives of Delaware North. Work with strategic supplier partners to plan, develop, and implement programs and activities designed to help meet business goals, including developing innovative ideas and concepts for programs that create impactful programs to drive higher customer usage and satisfaction. Translates category management principles into action through strong data analytics and industry, business and category insights.
- Responsible for negotiated terms & conditions being consistent with corporate vision and values, including, goals, standards and ethics, while delivering best overall value to the Company and operating locations.
- Responsible for program implementation and providing regular reporting on the marketing and sales metrics as well as business results of these program elements. Responsible for maximizing procurement rebates, earnings & allowances (collection, deposit and allocation) and incentives generated by contracts & programs. Responsible for ongoing analytics to enable cost of goods comparison on Delaware North market basket purchases against external industry benchmarks. Ensures operating units minimize overall costs by maximizing supplier program incentives and resources, including various efficiency measures.
- Maintains strong awareness and understanding of legal issues as well as insure compliance to legal requirements relative to alcohol beverage promotions/regulations.
- Oversees team's developing and disseminating metrics and KPI's to measure performance of and compliance contracted programs in order to achieve goals related to leveraging spend, driving efficiencies, supporting company quality standards, food safety and maintaining profit margins.
- Exhibits strong influencing skills that can be used to lead projects teams and build partnerships with internal resources, stakeholders and supplier base. Serves as key team member to support implementation of business strategies through advanced procurement initiatives and team alignment.
- Create, drive and mentor staff in long-term strategic planning efforts for assigned categories including strategies designed to anticipate enterprise-wide requirements while optimizing forecasted shifts in both markets, industry trends and supplier economic cycles.
- BA/BS degree required in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field. Masters/MBA preferred. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or CPSM certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a procurement role with extensive food & beverage contract and category management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to interact with executives and stakeholders at all levels of organization and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to manage competing agendas and priorities, and translate complex information across internal and external audiences.
- Skilled at coaching, mentoring and developing staff.
- Strong financial acumen with consultative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with experience negotiating commercial terms and service level agreements.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.