DIGITAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER III
M&T Bank Buffalo, NY
DIGITAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER III
The candidate within this role is responsible for Digital computing platforms, servers in lower environments. They also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the development and testing environments. They will work with other technology resources to troubleshoot problems. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth. This position will report to the Release Manager who will coordinate with various teams in the DIGITAL group to execute on the delivery approach to meet multiple concurrent project delivery needs.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility.
- Works with release management team to understand both business and technical needs.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques based on engineering requirements.
- Develops scripted solutions and automation.
- Analyzes health check results and provides feedback/documentation as needed.
- Participates in testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results.
- Recommends performance metrics
- Analyzes and reports on operational metrics
- Recommends and develops solutions for improvement of support procedures.
- Identifies ways tasks can be automated
- Documents, monitors, reports and manages the resolution of systematic issues.
- Writes reviews and/or maintains technical documentation for product environments.
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years’ systems analysis/application development experience
- 5 years of C#. net development
- 5+ years of knowledge of infrastructure
- Experience with PowerShell or Perl for automation purposes
- Windows Server 2008+ in depth knowledge
- Good analytical, problem solved and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Hyper-V and VMWare experience
- Source control experience (TFS and GIT)
- Proven track record in a highly available production environment model
- Knowledge base on Websphere, Weblogic Application Servers
- Experience with Db2, Oracle and SQL databases
- Strong oral and written communication skillsAbout M&T
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 9:42:32 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing