Northrop Grumman is seeking a Business Management Manager 2 - Accounting/Rates & Budgets to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Buffalo, NY
The qualified applicant will lead all Accounting aspects of the Amherst Systems Operating Unit and be responsible for monthly consolidation of Operating Unit Financials into the sector financial ERP system. This position reports to the Amherst Systems Operating Unit Business Manager leading a team of professionals. This position also partners with the Program Business Manager's to ensure adequate financial reporting tools are available to support program performance reporting to achieve Operating Unit financial goals.
This manager will ensure strong processes and controls are in place and will provide oversight to the daily functioning of the Accounting operations. The Amherst Systems Operating Unit is currently structured using the Costpoint ERP system.
This position plays a critical role in the successful cash strategy of the MS Sector and will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing contract billings. Billings include progress payments, cost-type vouchers, fixed price and time and material invoices/vouchers; conduct accounts receivable analysis, including unbilled analysis; ensure timely collections; provide accurate and timely accounting services; address inquiries and act as liaison with cognizant DCMA and DCAA. This manager is also responsible for local Rates and Budgets administration and reporting of EBS & ESCO rate segments both internally and to the MS Sector
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) , the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and Northrop Grumman policies and procedures, as well as, the integrity, consistency, and reliability of the processes employed in the performance of business management functions
- Partnering with multiple functional organizations as well as internal customers
- Overseeing Timely billings and collections to maximize cash flows
- Providing an open, trusting work environment conducive to employee engagement, and ensuring a high performance culture
- Troubleshooting skills to spot problems with cash processes and quickly initiate corrective action.
- Managing monthly closing activities and ensure accuracy of accounts
- Serving as point of contact for internal and external audits related to department activity.
- Management of local Rates and Budgets functions related to EBS and ESCO rate segments
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years' experience in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
- Demonstrated team leadership and prior management experience
- Prior experience with a financial ERP system.
- US Citizenship is required.
- 10 years of experience in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
- MBA or CPA
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience managing or supervising personnel
- Experience with SAP and Costpoint ERP system
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.