Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer
ABOUT SPARK DIGITAL
At Spark Digital, we believe that creating digital experiences is an inherently human and collaborative process. That’s why we focus and invest relentlessly in two things: the individuals that make up our team, and the quality of service we provide to our clients. We cultivate an environment where new ideas and excellence have room to thrive. Our culture of learning rewards curiosity and gives our team members opportunities to learn, grow, and own the evolution of their careers.
Our clients come to us to help solve their biggest and most complex business and technology challenges. We enjoy the thrill and satisfaction of working on core products that propel business growth and touch the lives of millions of users every day. Our primary expertise is in the Media & Entertainment and EdTech industries but we work with clients in many other industries. We’re proud that our partners include prestigious brands such as Dow Jones, FOX, Warner Bros., Verizon, Kaplan, Macmillan, among other leading brands.
As a LATAM-based Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer, your mission is to connect the dots between business needs and technology. You are a builder at heart who takes joy in the alchemy of art, science, and hard work that make up digital experiences. Knowing that process determines outcomes, you collaborate, ask questions, challenge the status quo, embrace agility, and seek to improve everything you touch. You take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.
CLIENT & PROJECT
Our client is one of our US-based clients, which provides the world’s first all-in-one IT support solution for small and midsize offices delivered in real-time. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing, they keep their clients' email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers. They are working on a migration of core services from Rails to Python. We're looking for someone to play the role of Rails expert for the whole team, both assisting their migration efforts and adding features as necessary to their Rails services. This person will report up to CBE, and will likely be asked to rotate around wherever significant migration or other Rails work is underway. This person will have the opportunity to learn Python on the job.
- Lead projects
- Assist the whole team
- Help in the migration and add features to the Rails services
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a production environment
- 5+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Proactivity and quick learning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
It would be plus if you have:
- Experience with Python
- Competitive Salary - For Full-Time Argentine team members we offer a hybrid compensation model which pays in a percentage of USD and pesos. Your salary is also indexed to the MEP dollar and will be adjusted for cost of living changes every three months. All other LATAM team members are paid in dollars as contractors.
- Career Path Planning - Team members are encouraged to create an independent career path based on their ambitions. We provide the training and support to help them along the way.
- Training & Mentorship - Learning and professional development are a big part of company culture. We support it with unlimited access to Udemy, internal training and training, a robust mentorship program, and reimbursements for English tutoring.
- Flexibility & Balance - We offer remote opportunities and other benefits designed to support healthy work/life balance and growing families.
- Culture & Connection - You are not a number, you are an individual that is part of something bigger. We never use the words staff or employee. At Spark Digital everyone is a team member. We cultivate connections within teams, across functions, and up and down the org chart. We make sure everyone is noticed and feels connected to our mission and each other.
- A Little Fun Never Hurt - We take every excuse to party, we celebrate team and individual achievements, birthday celebrations and days off, parrillas on the patio, gifts in the mail. Whatever it takes to make our team members know and feel that they’re part of the family.