Sr. Java Engineer
ABOUT SPARK DIGITAL
At Spark Digital, we believe that creating digital experiences is an inherently human and collaborative process. That’s why we focus and invest relentlessly in two things: the individuals that make up our team, and the quality of service we provide to our clients. We cultivate an environment where new ideas and excellence have room to thrive. Our culture of learning rewards curiosity and gives our team members opportunities to learn, grow, and own the evolution of their career.
Our clients come to us to help solve their biggest and most complex business and technology challenges. We enjoy the thrill and satisfaction of working on core products that propel business growth and touch the lives of millions of users everyday. Our primary expertise is in the Media & Entertainment and Ed Tech industries but we work with clients in many other industries. We’re proud that our partners include prestigious brands such as: Dow Jones, FOX, Warner Bros., Verizon, Kaplan, Macmillan, among other leading brands.
YOUR MISSION - TECHNOLOGY
As a Sr. Java Engineer your mission is to connect the dots between business needs and technology. You are a builder at heart who takes joy in the alchemy of art, science, and hard work that make up digital experiences. Knowing that process determines outcomes, you collaborate, ask questions, challenge the status quo, embrace agility, and seek to improve everything you touch. You take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.
CLIENT AND PROJECT
Our client is one of our US-based clients, an established leader in custom audience solutions, empowers big brands and their agencies to maximize the value of customer data and transform the way they connect with their audiences.
As a LATAM-based Sr. Java Engineer, in this project you’ll work on refactoring their stack, implementing the newest technologies, and migrating their cloud platforms in order to be up to the accelerating growth of the company.
- Participate and lead requirement analysis, planning, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Contribute to well-architectured solutions by breaking complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Collaborate with peers and seniors both within their team and across the organization.
- Work with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Work with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- Understands and executes on engineering related concerns (performance, network utilization, resource impact).
- Establish KPIs to ensure application health.
- Mentor other engineers.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with designing, building, breaking, and rebuilding software applications using Java and Spring Boot.
- Experience working with relational databases and DB schema design.
- Experience designing distributed microservices for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Experience with big data and distributed systems technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Kafka, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both in English and Spanish
It would be plus if you have:
- Experience with operating in hybrid on-prem/public cloud environments (e.g. GCP or AWS) and/or using Kubernetes
- Competitive Salary - For Full-Time Argentine team members we offer a hybrid compensation model which pays in a percentage of USD and pesos. Your salary is also indexed to the MEP dollar and will be adjusted for cost of living changes every three months. All other LATAM team members are paid in dollars as contractors.
- Career Path Planning - Team members are encouraged to create an independent career path based on their ambitions. We provide the training and support to help them along the way.
- Training & Mentorship - Learning and professional development are a big part of company culture. We support it with unlimited access to Udemy, internal training and training, a robust mentorship program, and reimbursements for English tutoring.
- Flexibility & Balance - We offer remote opportunities and other benefits designed to support healthy work/life balance and growing families.
- Culture & Connection - You are not a number, you are an individual that is part of something bigger. We never use the words staff or employee. At Spark Digital everyone is a team member. We cultivate connections within teams, across functions, and up and down the org chart. We make sure everyone is noticed and feels connected to our mission and each other.
- A Little Fun Never Hurt - We take every excuse to party, we celebrate team and individual achievements, birthday celebrations and days off, parrillas on the patio, gifts in the mail… Whatever it takes to make our team members know and feel that they’re part of the family.