At Hord Family Farms, we owe our success to our people and our processes. Our Assistant Controller is a supportive force behind both, and we are currently seeking someone to fill this important role. The ideal candidate is highly skilled in accounting and financial processes, problem-solving, verbal and written communication, organization, and interpersonal relationships. Previous experience managing complex business data and leading and inspiring people to succeed in a culture of unity is essential. The ability to multitask while maintaining the integrity of the details, manage projects, and meet deadlines are key skills for the position. Preference will be given to those with CPA, CMA, or MBA credentials and ag experience.
Who We Are:
The Hord family is in its 5th generation of family farming, with over 100 years of farming heritage. Located in North Central Ohio, Hord Farms is a pig, cow, and grain farm, striving to raise our animals with care, and utilizing modern and advanced farming practices to be efficient and sustainable.
A Day in the Life:
- Process moderate to complex financial transactions through partially automated procedures
- Work closely with others in the department to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, maintain internal controls, and assist in financial planning analysis
- Provide technical accounting guidance and support for all Hord entities, including interpreting, developing, implementing, and monitoring accounting policies and procedures
- Support initiatives to streamline accounting processes, develop metrics, and gain efficiencies within the departments
- Advise senior leadership of potential risk and provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Progressive responsibilities, including leading others within the accounting department, as experience and acclimation to our systems and processes is gained.
- Full time position M-F 7am-4pm
What You Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration + a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Preference will be given to those with CPA, CMA, or MBA credentials and ag experience
- A thorough understanding of accounting concepts, an understanding of analytical concepts for financial analysis, as well as GAAP accounting practices
- Successful history of leading others in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office programming
- Exemplary organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- An adaptable, self-directed, detail-oriented mindset
- Proven record of reliability and a desire to excel
- No contact with pigs outside the Hord herd
- Competitive wages based on the candidates level of experience
- 5 personal days and 6 recognized holidays/year + vacation days available 6 months after hire
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (at less than $20/pay for our base plan)
- 401(k) with company match
- Financial planning assistance
- Recruitment bonus opportunities
We look forward to talking to you more in depth about the opportunities at HORD!