Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
Impossible Foods is seeking a seasoned, highly effective person to lead its government relations and regulatory operations in the European Union (EU).
- Develop and execute a strategy to facilitate a smooth and expeditious entry into the European market
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with all levels of EU government, industry, allied organizations, and relevant member-state governments
- Represent Impossible Foods in all political and policy matters which may affect its entry and/or operations in Europe
- Monitor and analyze changes to laws and regulations relating to food production, biotechnology, food imports, intellectual property, and other policies important to Impossible Foods
- Identify and seek out opportunities for Impossible Foods to strategically raise its profile in Europe
- Keep senior management informed on political and regulatory developments in Europe and advise them on multiple aspects of market and operational strategy
- Manage day-to-day work of government relations consultants and/or support staff
- Deep experience and knowledge of European Union government processes and dynamics
- An understanding of the EU food regulatory system
- Superior instincts for navigating complex political and regulatory landscapes
- The ability to lead high impact, high profile projects under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to work within a team, and as an individual contributor, in a fast- paced changing environment and to leverage and engage others to accomplish projects
- Ability to proactively identify needs, anticipate issues, and solve problems
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics