Senior Manager Operations Insights (Broomfield, CO, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Senior Manager of Mountain Operations Insights will be responsible for the sustainment and continued development of the Lift Operations Optimization program that was created and deployed over the previous season. This position will be responsible for refining and driving lift operations metrics and strategies across the Vail Resorts portfolio of ski resorts. This role will be instrumental in furthering the adoption of operational metrics throughout Lift Operations and beyond and will also play a key role in identifying new technologies and processes to adopt, test, and scale.
This role will be critical in identifying operational improvement opportunities at individual resorts and throughout the enterprise and also will lead the efforts to drive those improvements through to fruition. Critical thinking paired with collaboration will be vital to this role as success will come from leading without direct authority. Storytelling ability will also be highly important as complex concepts and plans will need to be communicated in a way that is simple and compelling. Ability to enthusiastically engage at all levels of the business will be another important component of success in this role. As the team grows, this role will also grow in scope an influence as it will help shape operational strategy well beyond lift operations.
- Sustainment and continued rollout of Lift Operations Optimization program by owning/updating lift ops standards and ensuring broad adoption of practices across all resorts.
- Project manage the deployment and integration of new technologies to improve accuracy and integrity of data within lift operations.
- Partnership with Data Science team to continue leveraging data to drive operational decisions.
- Track ongoing lift operations performance against defined metrics utilizing recurring KPI reporting; provide root cause analysis for any identified issues; propose and oversee plans for improvement. Partner with leaders at each resort to help them understand and utilize metrics and also work with enterprise-level leaders to share out resort & regional performance.
- Engage with resort-based lift operations leaders to drive best practices in lift management including signage, maze design and future lift replacement projects; support related OpEx and CapEx business case development and planning efforts.
- Develop requirements for new lift installation based on factors that will impact lift efficiency.
- Act as the Operations point of contact for lift-related vendors; partner with Procurement on vendor management.
- Maintain and improve training program for Lift Operations to ensure adherence to design standards and consistency in execution.
- Identify, quantify, compare, and execute operational process improvements to drive safety, performance, capital utilization, and capacity attainment.
- Create and implement tools to audit efficiency and identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Actively seek information about industry trends and general technology/data science trends.
- Educate and engage cross-functional teams in importance of continuous improvement.
- Manage and communicate improvement opportunities and implementation plans to all relevant levels and functions across Vail Resorts.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience as an Industrial Engineer (or related) role with track record of supporting process improvement projects from ideation through execution. Demonstrated ability to leverage data analytics to drive operational improvements vital to success in this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
- Advanced degree in Business/Engineering/Analytics a plus.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Strong project/program management, organizational skills, and meeting facilitation skills.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) a plus.
- Ability to interact with data infrastructure to retrieve and analyze data and determine the best course of action for all areas within scope.
- Outstanding critical thinking and communication skills, with a very high level of emotional intelligence, and autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment and contribute to successful execution of goals.
- Experience with leading process improvement initiatives in an operations setting.
- Experience scoping, planning, and executing operations studies such as work sampling, time studies, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with process improvement/continuous improvement methodologies and tools (Lean, Root Cause Analysis, Value Steam Mapping, SPC, etc).
- Experience in developing standard work instructions and operational training materials.
- Previous guest service experience.
- Planning and deployment of equipment maintenance programs a plus.
- Effective communication and storytelling skills, ability to achieve goals through influence.
- Proven computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with BI programs (Tableau) and Process Simulation preferred.
The budgeted range starts at $100,000 - $125,450 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 456607