Power Generation Field Service Technician
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the “Best Every Time, Every Day“ with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
Your Responsibilities May Include:
- Completing preventative maintenance and/or basic repair activities on generators or components at the customer site with direction for more experienced technician.
- Engaging with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Applying the use of specialized tools and following documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools.
- Escalating unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
- Performing preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field.
- Completing required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completing training in line with skill and business requirements.
- You will be expected to adhere to all our relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
- Broad mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance abilities.
- Capable of electrical repair and maintenance with supervision – hands on exposure to working on power generation products.
- Ability to work safely and identify safety risks, including completion of any required safety training and the Job Safety Assessment process.
- Effective utilization of diagnostic tools.
- Ability to understand the relationships between GenSet components and inform more senior Field Service Technician as to which GenSet component may be causing the performance issue.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Certified Power Generation/ Electrical Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Current relevant electrical certification
- Locally valid driving permit
- Minimal level of workshop related experience required.
- Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with power generation products.
- High Voltage / Low Voltage experience.
- Customer service experience.
Requires On-call, after hours, night shift, out of town/overnight stays in outside and Hazardous working conditions.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
Must abide by all local, state and federal rules and regulations.
No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
Must meet current DOT requirements.
Ability to obtain and renew CDL preferred.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses and Protective Footwear as required.
If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company's competitors, customers, or supplier
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more?