As a Gogo Summer 2020 Intern: Vision/Mobile Applications Software Development, you will contribute to a distributed development team creating a media server/entertainment system for the aviation industry. Think Netflix streaming on airplanes!
Depending on your skills and experience, you will have the opportunity to work with:
- Software QA
- Java Software Development
- iOS Software Development
- Android Software Development
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION TEAM!
How will you make a difference and learn?
- Hands on Development Position – 80% of time coding or testing
- Provide Level of Effort estimates for requirements
- Track project tasks, provide status and ensure tasks completed on schedule
- Troubleshoot defects and code resolutions
- Contribute to a healthy and collaborative development team with a “Get it Done“ work ethic
- Contribute to process improvements, including researching and introducing new development tools
- Guide implementation of best practices for application design/development by vetting out new emerging trends through POC's
- Strong XP/SCRUM/Agile work ethic – Ability to contribute productively to a fast paced development team, delivering demonstrable code in 2 week increments
- Working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. JUNIOR or SENIOR.
- You must be enrolled in an accredited school.
- This is a paid summer internship that requires an average availability of 40 hour per week from May-August.
Desired Skills, Academic Experience and Talents
- IOS and Android Mobile development
- Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets experience
- Systems engineering in distributed environments with constrained resources (Ex: iOS/Android/Embedded devices).
- Understanding of push communication through publish/subscribe.
- Testing GUI web based applications
- Proficient developing asynchronous Ajax interfaces with Ajax libraries and frameworks
- Understanding of web service technologies such as REST
- Experience using SCM tools such as Git, Subversion
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle – including requirements analysis, design, development, deployment, testing and maintenance
This paid internship requires an average availability of 40 hours per week during the summer of 2019 in Gogo's main office located in Broomfield, CO. Interns are full-fledged members of the team —engaged from day one through structured training, mentorship, a diverse set of experiences, a network of peers across the company, and leadership opportunities. Our internship program is designed to provide exposure to real, complex operational projects in which you will be working with a variety of people in different business functions. Ideal candidates are top-performing students who excel at analytic problem solving and have a desire to re-engineer processes, quantify business impacts, and be part of major corporate initiatives.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Gogo participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.