Ball Metalpack - Production Planning Manager
Provides production planning management and technical support to the food and aerosol division’s Planning and Control function, in support of the division’s plans and objectives.
- Oversees near term, as well as, long term capacity planning for selected areas of container manufacturing, i.e., cans, ends, coating, litho, coil cutting.
- Prepares overall capacity vs. requirements reports and coordinates the offload of any material shortages to outside sources for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manages, in conjunction with direct report, the creation of new spec numbers and changes to existing bills of material.
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of monthly production, sales, and inventory recaps for the household packaging division.
- Analyzes point-to-point logistics to ensure the most cost effective network codes are being utilized.
- Facilitates meetings with plant planning supervisors to coordinate activities between manufacturing plants.
- Provides administration of multi-plant inventory dollars to maintain appropriate levels based on established goals.
- Provides QAD MFG/PRO assistance to plant production control supervisors.
- Manages all outside service centers while working closely with procurement, finance, and plant operations.
- Aids in administration of plant budget forecast and goal processes, as they relate to the planning and control function.
- Balance the operations of supply chains across multiple products/categories and geographies.
Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
20% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer