Maintenance Supervisor Description
Responsible and accountable for maintaining physical plant and essential mechanical, electrical, and resident care equipment in safe operating condition. Manages maintenance personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the physical plant department. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Diagnoses technical and mechanical problems and facilitates repairs.
- Maintenance and beautification of facility and grounds.
- Oversees safety program and preventative maintenance.
- In absence of a security officer, may be responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of assets, personnel, residents and all visitors.
- Coordinates and oversees activities of outside contractors, trades people in construction, repair and maintenance of physical plant and equipment.
- Applies building and safety codes to facility situations and maintenance procedures to meet acceptable standards of quality.
- Makes prompt efforts to resolve all resident and staff concerns or grievances related to facilities and conditions under the incumbent's direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Maintenance Supervisor Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least five (5) years physical plant and equipment experience in an institutional environment with supervisory or management responsibilities.
Physical Demands & Environment
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects. Employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.