Infection Prevention SDC RN
As an Infection Preventionist, you will lead the charge in our compliance efforts with infection prevention requirements.
Don't think of this as just a job. It's a calling. We are seeking dedicated nurses interested in infection prevention and helping others and making a difference with quality care and compassion while holding high standards for infection prevention.
We don't think of you as just an employee. You're part of our family. We are dedicated to supporting and encouraging your infection prevention skills and experience, in an environment built on respect, innovation and opportunity.
Caring for YOU Compensation Care Package: Just as you invest your heart and soul into the well-being of your patients, we invest in programs and technology that incorporate competitive pay and benefits to help keep you on top of your game. Our goal is to lead the way in our COVID-19 response and overall Infection Prevention efforts to help keep our centers, our teams and our patients and residents safe. While you focus on providing quality care for your patients, we'll focus on caring for you:
- Caring for YOU: We offer competitive compensation including sign-on bonuses at select locations and 100% employer paid health insurance premiums through our concierge benefits provider.
- Caring for Your Health & Safety: You are on the frontlines of fighting this pandemic, and we're fighting right beside you to keep our teams healthy and engaged! We offer incentives for immunization participation. You'll also see a number of extra cleaning and sanitizing protocols, including equipping centers with Victory Electrostatic Sprayers to disinfect rooms and surfaces throughout the center. We continue to source PPE supply to ensure you and staff have adequate PPE to follow CDC guidelines.
- Caring for Your Professional Development: Education is the cornerstone of your success, and we'll do our part to help you build and follow your career path. We will invest in you and sponsor your certification with the Associate-Infection Prevention and Control (a-IPC) certification in addition to the CDC required training. As an employee you will have access to our online learning platform and our suite of online educational and professional courses to assist you in enhancing your skill set to prepare you on your next rung of the career ladder.
Ensures facility is in compliance with regulatory requirements relating to staff credentialing and education. Provides services associated with ongoing professional development of staff at the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts new employee orientation and coordinates competency completion.
- Ensures for or delivers annual mandatory and continuous education for staff using internal or external resources according to state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Teaches certain in-house courses, such as the NA training program, special care unit training, etc.
- Coordinates employee health program (immunizations, flu shots, physical exams, etc.)
- Monitors and ensures current licensure and certifications of facility staff.
- Maintains employee education, training and health files.
- May assist in the screening and hiring of nursing staff.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to three (1-3) years experience in health care field, teaching, or training and development.
- May be filled by Registered Nurse, LPN, or a non-nursing individual who otherwise qualifies by way of experience or education.
Physical Demands & Environment
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Employee may occasionally be exposed to blood or other body fluids. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.