About the Job
Sr. Credit Associates review and analyze all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers within Key's Commercial Underwriting Group. They partner with Relationship Managers and Credit Officers in structuring new requests as well as renewals and are considered a subject matter expert in their designated line of business. An important component of the job is underwriting the most complicated transactions, including acquisitions, syndications, and specialized industries. This employee may monitor, and at times support as a portfolio manager, those complex clients. Sr. Credit Associates are required to decision loans within an assigned lending authority and independently manage workflow and communication with field partners. They provide educated, well thought out recommendations when decisioning requires a higher level of approval authority. The Sr. Credit Associate role is held by the most experienced commercial underwriters, as such they are also responsible for mentoring and training others, when necessary. This position reports to an Underwriting Team Leader (UTL) and may act as a primary back up to the UTL, as needed.
**This position may also be located in Albany, NY**
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to work independently on the most complicated credit underwriting events with a firm understanding of policy, risk, and procedure as related to the request.
• Act as a subject matter expert and peer advisor on complicated credit underwriting and analytics.
- Review financial statements and all other relevant financial analysis as well as non-financial data to develop a concise focused analytical foundation for a credit decision. A significant amount of the work will focus on the most complex transactions and industries.
- Collaborate with bankers and credit partners to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the credit process to meet client expectations.
- Acts in the capacity of the UTL to assign deals and conduct team meetings, as needed.
- Takes a lead role in reviewing and discussing initial loan requests with sales and credit.
- Responsible for the development of quality credit memos and adherence to Key Bank’s credit policy with minimal oversight.
- Decision loans within delegated authority or recommend decision to appropriate credit partner.
- Monitor and identify risks within the existing portfolio.
- Identify and escalate material issues or trends in a timely manner.
- Serves as mentor, coach and trainer for the analyst and other underwriting staff, particularly on how to underwrite more difficult transactions.
- Develops and leads training sessions for underwriting staff and/or line of business partners.
- Periodic projects related to the constantly changing risk management environments.
- Responsible for monitoring a portfolio of credits that require more complex underwriting.
Government Banking, Higher Education and Not-for-Profit / Non-Profit lending
- Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus on Business course work, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-4 years prior commercial credit underwriting experience in designated commercial area.
- Firm understanding of commercial credit underwriting/approval methodologies, including experience with more specialized industries and complex transactions.
- High level understanding and knowledge of commercial credit policies, procedures, and loan systems.
- Commitment to core values; Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Leadership
- Ability to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated business writing and communications/presentation skills.
- Satisfactory knowledge and proficiency in working with personal computers and business software (e.g. Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
4910 Tiedeman Road
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posting State, City
NY - Albany
4910 Tiedeman Road, Brooklyn OH