Tech & Data Science.
Summary of Job
This individual is a senior leader in the Engineering and Architecture team, as well as a senior leader in the TechDev division. They are obsessed with building world class software development teams. They will provide leadership to the Pre-Enrollment, Customer Ops, Partner Integration and Academic Product portfolio leadership teams. The portfolio leadership teams are responsible for:
- Strategy (appropriate allocation of capital to value oriented business objectives)
- Operations (ongoing delivery of planned work while minimizing the impact of unplanned work)
- Team (recruitment, retention and training of world class software development teams)
- Budget (managing budgets within allocated ranges)
This individual will be accountable for ensuring that the portfolio leadership teams meet the responsibilities and expectations in all 4 of these areas, with specific (but not limited) focus on software engineering performance and concerns. They actively seek opportunities to drive software engineering excellence across portfolios and provide strategic context to the portfolio leadership teams to enable effective decision making. They partner closely with the VP of Product and VP of Practice to enable portfolio leadership performance. This individual will also work closely with other senior leaders in the 2U group to enable portfolios to be performant.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for Portfolio Leadership performance against the 4 macro responsibilities described above (50%)
- Developing and maintaining the 2U global software engineering retention, recruitment and training program (25%)
- Defining and deploying software engineering functional best practices across portfolios to drive software development productivity and output (25%)
Education and Experience
At least 10 years of software engineering or technology focussed leadership experience is required. This individual must have managed large, globally deployed software development teams including a mix or on premises and remote team members. This individual must be able to demonstrate effective technology leadership in complex, multi service enterprises with complex stakeholder requirements. This individual must be able to demonstrate leadership in implementing large, complex software or technology projects. They should demonstrate experience in partnering with executive level stakeholders to define and deploy software or technology to solve specific business objectives. A degree in Computer Science or similar ICT fields is helpful, but not mandatory.
Role will be expected to work after hours to manage or coordinate exceptional circumstances such as service degradation, service disruption or other unexpected technology behaviors.
- Engineer I - IV
- Director, Engineering
- Senior Director, Engineering