Supervisor - FFC
About the Program
At Graham Windham our Family Foster Care programs help children to get back to their families, adopted into a new family or connected to someone who is willing to be an anchor for children, throughout their childhood and into adulthood. To help us do that, we have hundreds of loving & highly qualified foster parents primarily in Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx and Westchester County- who serve as our foster children's substitute family.
About the Position
Graham Windham's Family Foster Care program seeks a Supervisor for our Brooklyn Regional Office to build and lead a strong team that provides and coordinates excellent quality care and healing to Graham Windham’s children and ensures that every one of the children on the caseload is living a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible. Find out more about what it is like to be a Supervisor in our Family Foster Care Program by viewing one of our Realistic Job Preview videos at http://www.graham-windham.org/careers/employee-videos/
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains a supportive working and learning environment.
- Provides coaching and support to staff to reinforce quality case practice using Solution-Based Casework.
- Provides formal and informal supportive, programmatic and clinical supervision to each team member; holds formal individual supervision weekly and team meetings on a monthly basis.
- Evaluates staff performance, accurately assessing the strengths and developmental needs of team members.
- Holds staff accountable for strong performance.
- Ensures appropriate record-keeping.
- Responds to case emergencies (after hours when necessary)
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to collaborate across programs
- Ensure the safety and well-being of children
- When necessary, conduct home visits, school visits and attend court hearings
- Performs other duties assigned to advance excellent casework practice.
Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW/LMSW) or related field; Ability to teach, train and coach team members; Time management; Stress tolerance; Team building & Teamwork; ; Excellent written & oral communication skills; Ability to with diverse population; 5 years’ of child welfare/foster care experience; 1 year Foster Care supervisory/managerial experience.
Familiarity with Administration for Children Services (ACS), Office of Children & Family Services(OCFS), Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD) and other relevant municipal and state agencies; Ability to use MS Office and CONNECTION; Ability to travel within the 5 boroughs of NYC, Long Island, and Westchester; Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Full-time position; salary range $65,000 commensurate with experience, in accordance with qualifications. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.