Job ID 8937 Location Brooklyn, New York Organization Supply Chain, Logistics and Transport Department FLEET MAINT NY/LI
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery
today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our
promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy deliverytoday and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of a safe and reliable fleet and its associated facilities.
- Supervises first and/or second shift workers at one or multiple garage locations.
- Ensures that the Fleet vehicles and garages comply with all appropriate safety regulations and are managed to high safety standards.
- Actively supports the Company's goal of “zero injuries every day.“
- Ensures that Fleet vehicles are safe, reliable and available.
- Ensures that the financial targets are met for each garage, and for the Department.
- Ensures that all maintenance, repair and replacement are performed on time and cost-effectively.
- Develops technicians so as to improve productivity.
- Ensures that all work orders are complete and correct.
- Provides support to the clients in various lines of business/departments.
- Maintains excellent relationships with clients, union leadership and employees.
- Leads the people in the garage(s) and develops Working Leaders to be better leaders.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, safety and employment laws, regulations and Company policies.
- Responsible for the supervision, productivity and accountability of the personnel, contractors, material and supplies required to maintain the fleet.
- Coordinate and direct work planning and schedules of the day or night shifts that they are assigned, while ensuring the efficient allocation of resources to maximize productivity, meet customer requirements and utilize the most cost effective method of vehicles/equipment maintenance and repair.
- Respond to emergency requests from other departments to provide personnel and equipment in support of Storm and other Gas and Electric restoration emergencies while maintaining the integrity of Fleet Operations.
- Associates Degree in a technical field with a minimum of five (5) years of Automotive/Fleet technical and managerial experience is preferred.
- Consideration will also be given to candidates without a degree who possess five (5) to ten (10) years of Automotive/Fleet technical and managerial experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications and problem solving skills are required.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Candidates with advanced certifications desired (examples: CDL license, state inspectors license, various ASE certifications). Prefer candidates that possess a NYS CDL Class A driver's license.
- Prefer candidates that possess a NYS inspectors licenses for light and heavy duty vehicles.
- Prefer candidates that hold ASE certifications in Automotive, Med/Hvy. vehicles and Auxiliary power systems.
- Requires five years experience in the maintenance and repair of medium/heavy duty trucks, mounted equipment to include utility aerial equipment, light duty vehicles and associated equipment.
- Five years experience in leadership positions supervising a union workforce.
- Thorough knowledge of automobile and truck theory and practice, also demonstrated knowledge of hydraulics, aerial devices, digger/derricks and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering technology subjects pertaining to vehicles; preferably possesses at least a two year degree in mechanical engineering technology, or equivalent.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of CFR 49 Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and other applicable federal, state and company safety and environmental regulations.
- Possesses a working knowledge of SAP, or an equivalent vehicle maintenance program.
- Possesses demonstrated knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel, or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge and understanding of company operations to provide outstanding levels of service to our customers.
Valid driver's license required with a safe driving historythat meets National Grid's Safe Driver policy
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
The selected candidate will move laterally at their current band and market reference point and will not be eligible for a promotion at the time of accepting this position. This applies to candidates moving within the same career path (e.g., analyst, supervisor, engineer), or to a different career path (e.g., analyst to engineer, supervisor to analyst). The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be promoted within the career path during the annual salary planning process.