Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR)
I. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist individuals in developing personal and community competence using rehabilitation interventions and individualized, collaborative, hands-on training to build developmentally appropriate skills.
- Support individuals to improve self-management of the negative effects of psychiatric, emotional, physical health, developmental, or substance use symptoms that interfere with a persons daily living.
- Use collaboration, partnerships and mutual supports to strengthen the childs community integration in areas of personal interests as well as other domains of community life including home, work and school.
- Delivery of services in individual and/or group modality.
- Services are delivered in a trauma informed, culturally and linguistically competent manner.
- Coordinate with other providers involved in the individuals treatment.
- Timely and accurate documentation of contacts.
- Attend required supervision, meetings and trainings.
- Report incidences and issues to supervisor immediately.
- Knowledge and adherence to agency and regulatory bodies standards of practice.
- Ensure delivery of services as outlined by service plan.
- Continuous monitoring that family choice and voice is present in service delivery.
Must be 18 years old and have a high school diploma, high school equivalency preferred, or a State Education Commencement Credential (e.g. SACC or CDOS); with a minimum of three years experience in childrens mental health, addiction and/or foster care
Must have training, and experience to provide direct services related to the treatment of mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
Must have a valid Drivers License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
Must be cleared by the NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
Must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.