About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music has entered a new podcasting venture with podcast veterans Adam Davidson and Laura Mayer. The venture will produce a suite of original, thoughtful, and buoyant podcasts across genres. The Production Manager is a foundational member of the podcasting venture. This role is responsible for bringing logistical soundness to the editorial process in Brooklyn, New York. This role will report to the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for all shows development throughout their lifecycle
- Works closely with the COO and Producers to create estimated production budgets based on the creative for each program
- Negotiates rates for talent, independent contractors, vendors, temporary employees
- Works with Producers and Booker to onboard any ICs and/or Temps as needed
- Communicate approvals of payments, invoices, etc.
- Serves as the point of contact for all logistics for active productions
- Works with Producers to solidify and actualize production timelines (pre to post)
- Tracks and communicates overages and underages
- Manages each production budget
- Books studio space per timeline(s) both internally and externally as needed
- Coordinates permits, insurance/COIs (as needed)
- Advises on issues, learnings, postmortems, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Experience as production coordinator/supervisor/manager for 5+ years preferred
- Editorial experience in a fast-paced, media environment is preferred but not required
- Experience in video/TV/film production phases, budget building, timeline development and financial processes
- Intermediate to advance skills in Excel
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- ProTools experience is preferred, but not required
- General understanding or experience with production/project management tools such as: Movie Magic, BaseCamp, Trello, Asana, StudioBinder, FarmersWife, etc.
- Must be able to work in a start-up production atmosphere
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.