The MST Therapist will provide intensive, in home counseling, support and crisis intervention to adjudicated youth and their families. The MST therapist uses evidenced based clinical practices in an intensive, clinical in home setting. Field work comprises majority of the therapist’s time but additional administrative requirements and supervision are an equally important component of the position. MST therapists are clinically trained in MST and carry a small caseload of approximately four to six families.
- Provide intensive in home counseling, support and crisis intervention to adjudicated youth and their families.
- Conduct MST assessments and adhere to an evidenced based clinical program protocol and complete required MST trainings.
- Complete all required ACS documentation.
- Design cognitive behavioral interventions for youth and families.
- Attend court appearances and work closely with department of probation to prevent probation violations.
- Prepare court reports and complete all required MST paperwork.
- Participate in approx 4 hours of supervision on a weekly basis (group supervision, individual and MST case consultation and trainings.)
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
*Starting Salary $50,000*
*Will Help with Licensure*
SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
- Masters degree, MSW preferred (Bachelors with extensive experience in psychology or related field considered)
- Bilingual a plus.
- Previous experience providing in home counseling and support to youth and their families.
- Flexible work schedule as evening and occasional weekend work is required.
- Ability to handle a high work load and adhere to program deadlines with high quality written documentation.
- Knowledge and experience in the Juvenile Justice System a plus as well as experience in a preventive ACS program desired.
- Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.