ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Daybreaker, the morning dance movement with 500K community members in 30 cities around the world and now online, is seeking an experienced performance marketing leader to improve, grow, and lead our marketing team. This is a growth and performance based marketing role and prior experience in leadership growth marketing experience is a must. Our ideal candidate is a passionate leader, highly analytical and data-driven, experienced in membership and recurring B2C revenue models, and will be integral in growing D.O.S.E. by Daybreaker, our membership on-demand content platform (integrating both livestream and pre-recorded classes), and in growing our ticketing for virtual and IRL events. The Director of Marketing will report to Daybreaker's co-Founders (also CEO, CCO) and COO.
- Lead growth for Daybreaker's on-demand content platform, D.O.S.E. by Daybreaker. Experience in membership marketing a huge plus.
- Lead growth for ticketing and attendance in virtual and IRL events. (250k+ attendees in 2020)
- Lead list growth for email, social and SMS.
- Lead management of strategy and flows for email along side our Head of Comms.
- Build DOSE and Daybreaker's first referral program.
- Own Daybreaker's marketing calendar across email, press, social and site updates.
- Support PR strategy managing an external agency, and strategize Daybreaker's influencer marketing strategy.
- Manage Daybreaker's affiliate marketing
- Co-manage a paid marketing plan and digital agency along side our CEO and COO.
- Drive team towards a more data-driven approach to marketing, and implement new reporting systems to help drive team’s decisions.
- Dive deep into areas of marketing not (yet) covered by existing team members
- Ensure tight execution of all Daybreaker marketing programs -- online and offline.
- Achieve the strategic brand and business objectives working with the rest of the Daybreaker team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:We are a scrappy, hard-working, events and content company that maintains a lean team. Daybreaker is based in Greenpoint, Brooklyn with our team working remotely through quarantine (expected to remain remote through mid year 2021). Daybreaker's benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k plan and paid time off.
Daybreaker is a social enterprise and morning dance and wellness move-ment in 30 cities around the world with a community of 500K+ and growing. Our bread and butter is morning events that start with a yoga + fitness experience followed by a dance party, all before work. We are a substance-free community and are reimagining how humans socialize (in the morning / without alcohol or drugs). We are experience designers and community builders with a results-oriented management team that is set on building a lasting movement that solves major societal problems: loneliness and isolation. As a member of the Daybreaker team, you will be welcomed into our global family of epic humans, dedicated to spreading love and mischief around the world. At Daybreaker, we don’t sell a product, we share a feeling.
- Must have leadership experience, including management of a diverse marketing team including digital marketing, offline marketing, out-of-home campaigns, social media, PR, both in-house staff and outside marketing agencies.
- Balance of thought leader and detail-oriented data-driven doer
- Having an MBA is nice, but equal opportunity is given to degreeless entrepreneurs who have a history of CRUSHING IT!
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, ideally D2C and/or e-commerce, preferably at brands comparable / relevant to Daybreaker.