Requisition Number: LEADC01368
LEAD COMMUNITY ADVISOR
Roles & Responsibilities
Reports to: General Manager
OUR STORY: Brooklyn Boulders (BKB) opened its doors in 2009. With facilities now nestled in the hearts of New York, Boston and Chicago and programs all over the country, BKB operates an adventure lifestyle ecosystem that consists of a diverse community of climbers, creatives, artists, and fitness enthusiasts, with the common vision of Becoming Superhuman Together.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES. They’re what makes BKB…BKB!
GET WEIRD -- Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE -- Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS -- Attitude is everything. Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL -- Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY -- Encourage diversity and inclusion.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A sales expert who is comfortable with sales goals and being held accountable to them
- A sales expert comfortable and eager to utilize various sales techniques, tactics, tools and processes to manage a pipeline of leads for conversion
- Someone with a detailed understanding of sales principles and techniques
- A team member who is comfortable overseeing operations in a fast-paced and sometimes chaotic customer service environment
- A leader who prioritizes the guest experience
- Someone who remains calm and supportive under pressure
- A customer experience deliverer with a demonstrated ability to manage key administrative tasks, sell experiences, deliver instruction and develop meaningful relationships with customers and peers
- Achieve personal and team based daily and monthly sales/experience goals
- Assist with talent recruiting, interviewing and onboarding
- Fully train new Community Advisors on key job responsibilities, systems and goal management
- Be prepared to deliver phenomenal guest experiences
- Stay up-to-date on all gear, technical skills and techniques and curriculum guidelines
- Develop and maintain knowledge of every experience, event, access item, membership and retail offering, including process to sell in MindBody Online
- Applying facility operational knowledge required to maintain the facility, manage retail, run events/programming, distribute gear and other operational duties
- Act as “Shift Supervisor” on shift and ensure smoother operations at the front desk:
- Coordinate employee breaks to best support customer flow
- Be available to answer questions from staff and customers as needed → escalate to management as appropriate
- Ensure risk management, customer service standards, check-in procedures and other operational duties are being met on shift
- Ensure cleanliness of facility is maintained on shift as appropriate → hourly cleaning checklists, spills and other items
- Be responsible for counting drawer/cash as requested by management
In-Facility, YOU WILL:
- Manage an electronic sales lead funnel via a CRM, be a self starter on identifying and following up with qualified leads, set up appointment based tours and project confidence in closing membership and product sales
- Manage personal achievement of quota based membership and product goals through follow up, value matching and overcoming objections
- Help develop and implement sales based training for new community advisors that covers key system management, overcoming obstacles to closing and lead management best practices
- Meet with General Manager on a regular basis to discuss hiring and scheduling needs and new employee training status
- Project a positive, constructive attitude, embrace change and present solutions to pain points that will enable the success of your team or deliver increased community value
- Be a team player that advocates for the success of every team member and the achievement of their sales goals
- Execute Facility Orientations for new guests to introduce Brooklyn Boulders, qualify guests, and recommend the appropriate value-matching offering
- Manage risk in the facility including risk mitigation, deescalating risky situations and performing belay certifications
- Manage guest and member data in MindBody Online and in CRM systems as required
Off-site, YOU WILL:
- Represent Brooklyn Boulders at lead generating events
- Identify and cultivate leads and relationships with corporate partners
- Be an ambassador for the BKB brand and the sport of climbing, acting as a connector and mentor to our community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience giving product presentations and other basic sales skills, including identifying and overcoming simple objections
- 2+ years experience in sales with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Experience using MindBody Online (or another POS system) and/or CRM software like Hubspot (Saleshub) for account management
- Training experience
- A desire and ability to become an enthusiastic member of our rock climbing community
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and the LEAD COMMUNITY ADVISOR is…
- Excited, self-assured, and enthusiastic.
- Able to balance sales goals, while keeping our community members’ best interests at the forefront.
- Not afraid of achieving tough, demanding goals, and has a desire to continue “raising the bar”.'
- Free membership for employees
- Complimentary membership for a significant other or family member
- Unlimited free guest passes for friends
- Discounts on personal training, retail, and guided outdoor adventure trips
- Free access to non-competitive youth programs for children of employees
- Company offered health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off policies
- One month paid sabbatical every 5 years of FT service
- Employee professional development fund
- 401k with employer match
- Generous parental leave policy
Though our Team Members come from a wide range of experiences and are as unique as
our business, we are all united under our ultimate purpose: belonging and inspiration through experiences that engage imagination, passion, and physical potential. We’re excited to have you be a part of our team of co-creative, hardworking, and driven individuals; welcome to Brooklyn Boulders!