The Genius Integrated Marketing Team is hiring a pre-sales Integrated Marketing Strategist for it's Brooklyn HQ. The Integrated Marketing Strategist will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing and managing integrated marketing proposals for a variety of advertising partners -- bringing new ideas to life and guiding creative concepts from inception through development and pitch.
The Integrated Marketing Strategist serves as the conduit of communication between key internal stakeholders including but not limited to Client Services, Content, Design and Experiential, defining a path of action to ensure the plan for making creative ideas a reality is communicated effectively.
Embracing the “challenger sales” philosophy, leverage Genius assets and USPs to develop creative solutions for current and prospective partners of Genius that address client's business, brand, and overarching objectives. Beyond merely developing creative solutions for our clients, the Marketing strategist must do so in a way that is executable given organizational, technology, and timeline constraints.
The Integrated Marketing Strategist will be called upon to interface with and present directly to our clients.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube.
- Partner with account executives to develop RFP response strategies for clients and categories, as assigned
- Lead brainstorms, proposal development and final presentations of creative solutions
- Work collaboratively with Content and Client Services teams to ensure final pitch delivers on the original creative concept, and lead internal creative iterations, as needed
- Conduct targeted research into brand and competitors to identify unique insights to serve as foundation of challenger pitch
- Direct Design team in creation of mocks to bring concepts to life
- Support development of proactive sales collateral (e.g., sizzles, edit calendar one-sheets, etc.)
- 3-5 years of pre-sales proposal development experience
- Strong writing, grammar and verbal communication skills
- Strong Keynote/Powerpoint/Slides skills
- Versed in digital and social media programs/extensions
- Familiar with content and experiential budget development
- Knowledge of and interest in music, pop culture and technology
- Extreme attention to detail
- Candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at a time