Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
Where is the physical work office located?
2 Metrotech, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The candidate selected will be responsible for design and implementation of network devices and connectivity to our schools and DOE enterprise network.
- Candidate will support the operation of the network infrastructure through coordination with support teams, internal customer technicians and engineers, ensuring that the network infrastructure continues to function at optimal performance.
- The Expert IT Specialist will maintain all highly technical network infrastructure hardware devices in compliance with defined architectures governed by the Architecture Standards Team.
- Will Interface with WAN support, LAN support, network integrators, DOE network engineers, Classroom connectivity engineers, and other support teams to oversee that compliance and direction are maintained with the placement of network hardware into the overall DOE enterprise topology.
- Works on Network Infrastructure deployments and engineering level 3 support tasks, including the review of proposed work plan submissions from integrators after the work is completed in order to ensure that the work aligns to pre-determined work scopes and is consistent with DIIT standards.
- Works with the DOE integration tools and NOC Inventory Collection Engine (NICE) database to validate and compare As Built provided by Integration vendors to confirm and validate network infrastructure installed meets DIIT network Standards.
- Trouble shoots network issues by using tools and remediation methodologies to support network integration of Data, Wireless, IPDVS and other technologies.
- Works with integration vendors on refresh of school and administrative infrastructure projects that entails reviewing and approving work plan submissions by the integrator for the installation of infrastructure network hardware, and software.
- Works with DIIT network standards for hardware and network connectivity. Provides real-time support to integrators when installing equipment in school, and administrative sites and performs troubleshooting services on network and systems equipment and components when required.
- Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good automated tools (DIIT Configuration Developer, EMS metrics, PCIS); validating processes; providing documentation.
- 84 Months supporting day to day operations that include routing, switching, firewalls, wireless, and VPN.
- 24 Months configuring load balancing for internal and external facing applications.
- 24 Months providing periodic network traffic and security status reports.
- 24 Months Preparing network diagrams, floor plans, and schematics using Visio where required.
- 24 Months Responding to emergency calls in the evenings and on weekends regarding WAN / LAN outages.
- 84 Months experience with Cisco Nexus family of switches, Cisco Catalyst Switches 6xxx, 5xxx, 4xxx, 29xx, 19xx, RSM; Cisco Routers 7500, 7200, 4000, 3600, 2600, 2500, 800; Cisco VPN 3000.
- 48 Months working with LAN/WAN infrastructure and all LAN and WAN networking technologies Knowledge of communication protocols and Cisco communication equipment.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Bachelor's Degree or a Masters' degree in computer science from an accredited college.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.