Dear rule-breakers, questioners, straight-A students who skipped class: We want you.
We are opening our second store in NY and looking for a motivated retail team member to join our store management team in Williamsburg. The ideal candidate has extensive experience shift managing a mid-volume retail store and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You are entrepreneurial, work well with limited direction, and enjoy developing teams.
You will report directly to our Store Leader.
A day at Everlane may look like:
- Lead an effective team of 30-50 retail associates
- Be on the ground to manage the store and be the point person for opening/closing, scheduling, zoning, and POS / customer troubleshooting
- Track metrics to drive sales goals
- Be the eyes and ears – report back on improvements that can be made to optimize sales and customer experience
- Develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals that drive performance
- Define and demonstrate behaviors that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships, and represent Everlane at all times
- Actively maintain clean and well presented shop appearance, keeping merchandise stocked and organized
- Complete standard opening and closing procedures
We are looking for someone who has:
- 1-2 years leadership experience in a retail setting
- College credit or equivalent work experience
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong personal sense of style
- Upbeat, passionate, and authentic
- Strong communication skills that foster a transparent and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Capable of handling difficult customer facing conversations and interactions
- Flexible schedule that will include working weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events
What we offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Competitive hourly wage
- Outfitting and employee discounts
- Work alongside positive and passionate co-workers
- Get an opportunity to learn and grow with us!
- Health benefits (full-time only)
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.