We are independent. Creative. Gutsy. We aren’t afraid to dream big. We are accountable. To our customers. To our cities. To each other. We are humble. Human. Lighthearted. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Mobility is the lifeblood of urban environments and cities need affordable, emissions-free transportation options that are free of delays. We believe that shared electric mopeds will become an integral part of transit networks, filling gaps not served by bike share, car share, scooter share, or public transit.
About the role
We’re looking for the special combination of someone who is half Data Scientist, half Engineer, and half Artist to help us translate a variety of data, from the simple metrics to complex, multi-faceted, real-time data streams, into elegant, interactive, and insightful visualizations. This position will be a vital resource to help us in understanding and optimizing our business, system operations, and user dynamics. You will report to the Director of Data Science and Analytics.
- 3-5 years experience designing and building complex, interactive data visualizations, including significant experience representing geospatial data
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL, particularly Postgres and PostGIS
- Demonstrated proficiency using tools like D3.js, ggplot2, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plot.ly, and other common data visualization tools
- Familiarity with AWS technologies such as ElasticBeanstalk, S3, EC2, RDS, and Redshift
- Familiarity with mapping tools such as Mapbox, Google, Leaflet, Carta, and others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to summarize key findings into clear and actionable recommendations, and to interact with individuals at all levels
- Strong project management skills and ability to plan and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of urgency and an ability to multitask
- Team player and willing to pick up extra responsibilities as required
- You are enthusiastic, reliable, and hardworking
- You take your work seriously but not yourself
- Understand business needs across multiple tiers (for example, executive, operations and logistics, business strategy, customer acquisition and retention)
- Build deep knowledge of relevant internal and external data repositories
- Develop the user interface and design of dashboards and static reports
- Design and build complex interactive maps, apps, and tools to improve operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with the rest of the Data Science team to create and iterate on visualizations which expose the dynamics of our system
- Partner closely with Data Science, Engineering, and third party vendors to develop data architecture and modeling approaches which we will use to answer business questions and power visualizations