SCO Family of Services is seeking a Case planner for its Brooklyn Special Medical preventive unit working with family’s with a chronically medically ill or developmentally disabled family member that places the children at risk.
JOB TITLE Case planner Brooklyn- Special Medical and Developmental Preventive Program
DEPARTMENT: Brooklyn Preventives LOCATION: Brownsville Brooklyn, NY
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provides Counseling, Support and advocacy to Families with medical or developmental issues in at risk families in Brooklyn.
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor, Program Director
I. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide individual and family counseling and case management to families to promote well-being and prevent abuse, neglect and foster care placement.
· In accordance with program’s policies, maintain a caseload of approximately 10 families that fit the special medical requirements in addition to any other issues that place the children at risk.
· Appointments with families are primarily in the home.
· Work as a team and coordinate with a Case aide, Nurse, Developmental Specialist.
· Provide concrete services including advocacy, outreach and referrals.
· Provide crisis intervention and manage emergencies.
· Schedule, facilitate and/or participate in conferences with families, community partners and ACS using the Family Team Conferencing (FTC) model.
· Participate in staff/team meetings.
· Collaborate with medical providers, ACS, schools and all collateral providers.
· Complete progress notes, FASPs, and statistical reports within deadlines for all cases.
· Have required Supervision.
· Attend Clinical Diagnostic team meetings.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Master’s degree in social work or equivalent degree or a BA with child welfare experience.
- Some late nights required.
III. RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
Employees need to possess the following characteristics:
· Be team players.
· Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
· Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
· Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.