Requisition Number: BELAY01367
Roles & Responsibilities
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
OUR STORY: Brooklyn Boulders (BKB) opened its doors in 2009. With facilities now nestled in the hearts of New York, Boston and Chicago and programs all over the country, BKB operates an adventure lifestyle ecosystem that consists of a diverse community of climbers, creatives, artists, and fitness enthusiasts, with the common vision of
Becoming Superhuman Together.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES. They’re what makes BKB…BKB!
GET WEIRD -- Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE -- Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS -- Attitude is everything. Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL -- Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY -- Encourage diversity and inclusion.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Someone who is able to thrive under pressure and can genuinely connect with kids and adults alike. The ideal candidate is a team-player who thinks outside the box and wants to have fun!
As a member of the Belay Staff, you’ll be working with our youth, directly impacting and shaping the experiences they have at BKB. Through experiential education and BKB’s unique programming, you ensure amazing interactions and exceptional experiences for youth and their families.
It’s time to get weird with Brooklyn Boulders.
- Act as fun, outgoing ambassador for BKB Kids and the sport of climbing
- Manage risk vigilantly
- Keep groups running smoothly, ensuring participants are occupied and engaged
- Engage with both youth and their parents positively, energetically, and genuinely
- Take ownership of the facility, brand, and BKB Kids experience as a whole
Specific on-shift expectations:
- Ensure waivers are filled out properly
- Ensure bookings are paid in full
- Review rules and guidelines of the facility with the group
- Get group in harnesses and shoes
- Engage group, keep them climbing, and assess their skill and lead them to appropriate terrain as needed
- Manage risk associated with falling climbers, belaying properly, bouldering, etc.
- Sales! Always invite people back and educate them about next steps based on their interests
- Clean up after group, return gear, etc.
- Refrain from personal cell phone use: only use cell phones to time kids, review curricula, and take photos of programming
- A desire to work with our youth, positively impacting their daily lives
- Availability at least 10 - 15 hours per week
- Availability weekdays from 3:30 - 6pm, weekends, and holidays
- Background in customer experience
- Climbing and belay experience - preferred
- Experience with kids - a plus!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and our BELAY STAFF is…
- Energetic and positive, with a “can-do” attitude
- Motivated to continue “raising the bar” and is psyched on collaborating with other Team Members to do just that - especially for the kids!
- Genuinely excited to connect with youth
Though our Team Members come from a wide range of experiences and are as unique as our business, we are all united under our ultimate purpose: belonging and inspiration through experiences that engage imagination, passion, and physical potential. We’re excited to have you be a part of our team of co-creative, hardworking, and driven individuals; welcome to Brooklyn Boulders!