It's a big show every day at Backstage - Macy's off-price concept – as we bring our customers the latest fashions from the brands they love at incredible prices! Backstage is a growing part of our business– and it means great opportunities for you. ... More “
Love trying something new? Want to have a blast at work? Great! As a Backstage team member, you'll dive right in and make things happen – whether you're looking for a leading role (retail management jobs) or want something behind the scenes, there's a place for you at Backstage. Here's your chance to be a part of something amazing.
The Asset Protection Detective's primary responsibility it to protect the assets of the company while maintaining a safe environment for our team members and customers. Support the store's efforts to provide customer service within a controlled environment to maximize sales and profit. Under general supervision and following established procedures the Asset Protection Detective will detect and investigate dishonest activity and theft.
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters and other people who commit fraud or other criminal acts against the company
- Investigate criminal violations against the person or property of any customer or associate that is committed on company premises
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the Asset Protection Manager
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Promote shortage awareness and theft deterrence among associates by conducting meetings and participating in training events
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Conduct audits to ensure sales department compliance to merchandise exposure standards and asset protection policies
- Testify in court concerning any case, criminal or civil, wherein the company is a party of interest to which the Asset Protection Detective is summoned
- Work on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college desirable.
- Completion of Store Detective Training program is required upon assignment to position.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to understand shortage calculations.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception , and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment.
- Must be able to think an act clearly in stressful and hostile situations.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent us of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Diverse and inclusive teams