This role will serve dual responsibilities within Airgas Merchant Gases. The Manager will dedicate 75% of his/her time to the OSCD modeling and 25% will be dedicated to managing the LH2 Supply Chain. The Manager will be championing the integration of OSCD and SIO into the Merchant Gases supply chain. OSCD is a critical component to IBO Optim program and this person will partner with the SIO team to achieve the desired results. The Manager will have the responsibility for the management of the LH2 supply chain. This includes managing the operational supply & demand balance, planning for cost optimization and coordination with production, scheduling, product management and zone management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Developing Tactical optimization models along with the Lead Center and ROCC to optimize the bulk network.
- Measure results and champion operational improvements within distribution and logistics
- Fulfill Product Management requests for strategic, competitor purchases and new sales prospects models.
- Supporting the Supply Chain team in modeling the ASU, CO2 and LH2 network. Goal of optimizing cost and eliminating/reducing risks using OSCD optimization models
- Modeling and analyzing the ASU/CO2/LH2 networks minimize costs & risks.
- Develop Outage Planning Strategy to prepare for planned outages through OSCD and inputs from SIO
- Provide operational support and analysis to LH2 Product Management Team
- Develop LH2 Outage Planning Strategy to prepare for planned outages
- Calculate operational costs associated to both LH2 planned and unplanned outages
- Work with the Scheduling Team to implement LH2 Supply Chain improvements
- 5 or more years planning bulk deliveries in the Industrial Gas Industry
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially excel
- Must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to learn customized Supply Chain optimization programs (OSCD)
- Must possess outstanding written and communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, logistics, operations management, mathematics or related field.
- Travel Required: < 20 %
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Able to save and maintain electronic files
- Ability to operate custom supply chain software (ALTO, OSCD, PI)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to analyze demand and choose the most accurate forecasting algorithm.
- Ability to understand analysis methods based on statistics such as standard deviation, best fit analysis, control charts and scatter gram analysis.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent’s.
- Analytical skills on planned versus actual production and demand as well as forecasting methods.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability