Access Management Registrar W/E NIGHTS
Job Posted Date
5 months ago(5/3/2019 11:25 AM)
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Access Management Registrar reports to the Access Management Supervisor and is responsible for registering patients for outpatient and inpatient services. These functions include, but are not limited to, collecting demographic and insurance information, confirming insurance eligibility, verifying benefits, and obtaining health plan authorizations for inpatient admissions. In addition, the Access Management Registrar is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of assigned work queues.
- Verifies patient identification, confirms and updates the patient demographics, patient contacts, insurance information and PCP. Completes the Medicare Secondary Payer questionnaire with all Medicare Beneficiaries.
- Manages complicated insurance coverage questions for patients, potentially working with the DFCI Financial Counselor.
- Obtains health plan authorization, as required, for inpatient admissions.
- Prints the inpatient wristband, requests the patient verify all information on the wristband before securing it on the patients wrist. Provides for or escorts the patient to the Dana-Farber Inpatient Hospital.
- Complies with all Dana-Farber and HIPAA confidentiality policies.
- Manages eligibility and coordination of benefits claim denials as assigned through daily work queues and documents activities into the hospital information system; may require contacting the payer and/or the patient to obtain the correct insurance information.
- Updates changes to patient insurance and/or demographic information as needed.
- Implements downtime procedures during planned and unplanned system downtime events.
- Documents daily activities in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner in the hospital information system and department templates.
- Completes assigned work queues, projects, and other duties as directed.
- Promotes and maintains positive working relationships within the department, within the institute, with Brigham and Women and Children’s Hospitals, and with the DFCI satellite locations.
- Supports institute initiatives such as RTLS implementation.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include other activities to support administrative activities for DFCI Inpatient.
Standing Position - This role involves prolonged standing and frequent walking in and around Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Holidays - This role may be required to work some holidays
Post-secondary education preferred. High School Diploma/GED required. One to two years, prior physician office or hospital registration or billing experience required. Knowledge of insurance benefit plans, medical registration, or billing systems; Epic systems experience preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office.
Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal. Motivated self-starter with strong team player and leadership abilities. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to prioritize and meet pre-determined deadlines. Must be able to effectively multi-task, and have advanced technical skills, as appropriate.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.