Smile, You've Found Us!
Are you passionate about caregiving? Would you like to work with the best team in the world? If so, apply with us today.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence, which we extend to all those we are privileged to serve.
To learn more, please contact Josh Gibbs at (615) 418-3741 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to make a difference in the lives of our patients and residents, APPLY NOW!
Full Time Benefits include:
- Excellent 401k plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- DiversICARE - employee hardship fund
- Pay advancement program - OnShift Wallet
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare's Mission to “Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.“
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference.
As a Physical Therapist you will provide patient/resident assessment, care planning, direct treatment and consultation to a general rehab caseload. You will participates in the clinical team process and provide teaching and training to care giver staff. You will be involved in clinical program development while supervising licensed assistants, rehab technicians, aides, and students as required.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Physical Therapy and Professional Licensure where required by state law; two years clinical experience preferred.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize independent and effective clinical judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Utilizes effective time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.