BZ Visitor Engagement Programs
Job Family: Visitor Engagement Programs
Location: Bronx Zoo
Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Department(s): Visitor Services
Pay Rate Starts At: $18.00/hour
Schedule: Must be able to work 2-5 days per week including weekends and holidays. Schedule varies and is dependent on weather and guest attendance; schedule subject to change through the spring and summer.
We have an immediate opening for a Wild Encounter Host in the Visitor Services team at the Bronx Zoo. Hosts will play an exciting role in making meaningful connections with guests as we lead them through exclusive concierge experience offerings. The positions core responsibilities include providing enhanced visits at the Bronx Zoo by guiding and narrating guest tours, facilitating VIP access, and escorting guests through up-close animal experiences.
Wild Encounters Host essential duties may include:
- Develop a thorough understanding of provided information and present engaging interpretation of Bronx Zoo animals and attractions, as well as WCS conservation efforts, while transporting our visitors through public and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Providing excellent service to guests, by maintaining general knowledge of park attractions and amenities, answering questions and finding ways to create great visitor experiences, in accordance with WCS standards of guest service.
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols to ensure a high quality, safe, and engaging experience for program participants, animals, and staff.
- Up-sell other unique experiences, programming, and/or annual Membership options, to help cultivate long-lasting relationships with clients and WCS.
- Safely operate a 4-15 passenger cart.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move 20-50 pounds
- Comfortable being exposed to cold and hot weather
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including holidays and weekends.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required.
- Ability to monitor and act in the best interest of guest safety and animal welfare at all times
- Adapt easily to changing circumstances in a busy work environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college, especially in a related field (biology, education, ecology, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in presentations, public speaking, or other experience preferred.