SHIFT SUPERVISOR - FAMILY SHELTERS
Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (2) Shift Supervisors for the Family Shelter Program.
- Ensure the security of the premises and perform access control• Perform regular and frequent foot patrol of the entire facility• Enforce facility, BronxWorks, and Department of Homeless Services policies• Promptly inform appropriate supervisors of problems• Maintain order and promote safety• Act professionally and as a role model for clients and other staff especially during crisis or conflict• Respond appropriately and effectively to physical or verbal altercations between clients or staff• Respond appropriately to medical emergencies• Respond appropriately to situations of child abuse and neglect• Act as the liaison with police and other emergency services• Promptly advise Supervisor of problems or concerns• Make formal notifications as required• Participate in all trainings and staff meetings• Perform additional duties as assigned• Ability to climb 120 standard stairs within 2 minutes• Ability to drag 80-pound canvas bag 30 feet on a tile floor within 30 seconds• Ability to lift a 40-pound bucket and place it on a standard height table within 30 seconds
- High School Diploma• F-89 (Fire and Life Safety Director License) required or at least 3 years of experience conductingor participating in fire drills during your employment• New York State Security Guard Registration Card• 16 Hour On-The-Job Security Guard Training Certificate• First Aid / CPR Certificate is a plus• New York Fire Department Certificate of Fitness as F-02(Fire Guard) F-80 (Fire Safety and Alarm SystemHomeless Shelter are a plus• Bi-lingual Spanish/English language skills is a plus• Prior experience in a homeless shelter environment is also a plus• Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary• Engaging personality and detailed orientated skills are essential• Availability to work any shift during the 24-hours day, seven days a week, holidays, and weekends
· Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
· Ability to write a clear and concise incident report
· Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
· Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
‘TB Test required with the first 120 days of employment’ for Shelters and Homeless outreach“
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.