JOB TITLE: Program Director, COMPASS-SONYC Program
DEPARTMENT: Youth Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Youth Services
The Program Director oversees all aspects of the middle school age after-school program including youth recruitment, curriculum implementation, staff supervision, coordination with the program site, reporting to DYCD, and parent outreach. The Program Director is responsible for the delivery of a safe, effective, and comprehensive program for young people. Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs program flyers and other recruitment materials, and distributes/posts materials in neighborhood schools, community centers, religious institutions, and other sites to attract children and families.
- Implements a comprehensive curriculum that maximizes the learning and enrichment of each program participant. Curriculum will include structured academic, enrichment, and recreational components.
- Supervises a team of Counselors, an Educational Specialist, a Security/Attendance Officer, and Consultant Providers. Conducts individual supervision sessions and weekly team meetings to optimize performance and growth.
- Coordinates all services with host site. Meets with leadership of host site as needed to plan programming and site usage.
- Tracks daily attendance and documents goal achievement for each youth. Reports to DYCD on data collected as requested. Prepares reports and presentations as needed.
- Attends meetings led by DYCD and other entities to ensure program compliance, goal attainment, and continuous quality improvement.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors Degree and at least three years of successful experience in a supervisory position providing service to elementary or middle school youth. Meets all qualifications mandated for SACC licensure. High energy, dynamic personality and genuine passion for youth needed.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)