· Perform nursing admission and discharge
· Adhere to medication safety practices and processes in accordance with state practice act, treatment plan, and relevant policy and procedures
· Fax all prescriptions to Chem Rx for new orders and renewals.
· Provide nurse assessment and triage when indicated
· Document all pertinent information on medical chart, logs, face sheet, etc.
· Maintain all health office records including immunization and physical records, charting, student weights, medication administration records, etc as required by DOH and other regulatory agencies.
· Bring laboratory reports to the attention of doctor for review and signature.
· Attend treatment, clinical and screening team meetings as appropriate, providing input as to student’s health and wellness needs and progress.
· Maintain an awareness of each student’s emotional and physical needs and refer her/him to other team member(s) to meet those needs when necessary.
· Participate in teaching students about healthy lifestyle, diet/nutrition, daily exercise
· Assess student readiness for medication self-administration and train accordingly
· Educate and work with families on the importance of medication compliance and safe administration
· Work with the inter-disciplinary team in the provision of all job duties.
· Support and participate in behavior management program.
· Licensed R.N.
· NYS Driving License
· Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.
· Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing.
· Attending TCI class for certification/re-certification and passing a test upon completion of course is a minimum requirement for employment
SCO Family of Services is an equal opportunity employer