Childcare Provider-Soundview (South Bronx)
We are seeking full-time Childcare Helpers to provide primary care for children 6 months through 2 years old in our Bronx location.
Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
ABOUT HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS, INC.
Homes for the Homeless, Inc. (HFH) is a non-profit social services organization operating family shelters throughout NYC that serve as a hub of opportunity for families residing in the shelter and those in the neighboring community. On-site programs range from childcare, residing in the shelter and after-school clubs and programs, and youth recreation activities, such as sports teams, to housing assistance, after-school, parenting workshops, career and job vocational training, support groups and substance abuse assistance, and family engagement and recreation events for the whole family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively create and maintain a child-oriented, trauma-sensitive atmosphere.
- Assure children’s basic needs are met (food, clothing, safety, diapering, rest, etc. trauma-sensitive)
- Create daily routines and meaningful experiences that are responsive to children’s strengths, interests, and needs.
- Assist with daily health screenings and ensure all COVID-19 policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist with administrative tasks including answering phones and recording attendance.
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the center.
- Experience working with children from newborn to 2 years old.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE/GED).
- Ability to lift 40 or more pounds.
- Ability to sit on the floor, bend, and pick up children through the course of an eight-hour shift.
To attract and retain a high-performance workforce, Homes for the Homeless offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment, with a focus on ensuring an appropriate work-life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance (including medical, dental, and vision), an employer-funded 403(b) retirement plan, commuter benefits, life insurance, Work/Life Assistance Program, 3 weeks paid vacation and ample personal and sick leave.
Homes for the Homeless is committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment, and prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, arrest or conviction, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or any other basis that would violate any applicable federal, state, or local law.