Under general supervision, completes the processing, supervision, and care of inmates.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes the booking of inmates.
- Prepares reports to document arrest information.
- Fingerprints, photographs, and searches prisoners.
- Completes and maintains records of prisoners' possessions.
- Completes daily activity logs of intakes, releases, and transports.
- Provides information to prisoners and their family members; explains procedures and verifies prisoner status, both over the phone and in person.
- Reviews commitment orders of new inmates.
- Rides with officers to help with security during transports to Tulsa County and Wagoner County jails.
- Communicates with court officials to ensure availability of inmates for trial, probable cause hearings, and arraignment dates.
- Communicates with other law enforcement agencies regarding inmate warrants, and pick-up status.
- Monitors arrest blotter using computer-based information.
- Provides inmates with hygiene items upon booking.
- Searches inmates for drugs and weapons upon entry to the jail.
- Performs routine patrols to maintain security of the jail.
- Completes regular visual inspections of inmates.
- Settles disputes between inmates.
- Places combative or self-harming inmates in restraint chair and performs 15 minute restraint checks.
- Subdues combative inmates using varying degrees of force in accordance with Broken Arrow Police Department policy.
- Contacts EMS and fills out Medical Forms for inmates who are in need of immediate medical attention.
- Performs basic first aid functions, such as covering wounds and distributing inmate medication.
- Operates the Master Control Board to open doors throughout the jail and maintain contact with inmates via speaker systems.
- Stores food purchased for inmates in accordance with FIFO methods and distributes inmate meals.
- Releases inmates from the facility.
- Issues inmate uniforms; maintains inmate laundry.
- Transfers inmates to and from visitation rooms.
- Maintains composure in violent and stressful situations to assure safety for inmates and staff.
- Provides security while allowing inmates to perform trustee duties such as cleaning and folding laundry.
- Performs general maintenance activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, supplemented by one to two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Possession of CPR and Basic First Aid Certifications. Completion of Defensive Tactics Certification.