Director, Government Business (Broken Arrow, OK, US, 74012)
About FlightSafety International
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides training for pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full-flight simulators and award-winning maintenance training at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Canada, France and the United Kingdom.
Purpose of Position
The Director, Government Business is responsible for leading a team of costing and scheduling professionals and advising the Program Office in matters of proposal pricing, cost control, and tracking and reporting. The Director is a liaison between the Program Manager and Finance at the Division Level as well as with the customer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage team of cost and schedule professionals responsible for developing cost estimates proposal pricing, cost control, tracking and reporting, supporting and liaising between Business Development, Sales, Program Management and Finance
- FAR / DFARS knowledge commensurate with understanding and developing FAR 12 & 15 compliant work products and ability to defend program cost estimates via DCAA & DCMA audits
- Compliance through established business processes ensuring certified cost and price data aligns with company cost account standards (CAS) requirements
- Support product commercial item identification (CID), support, and determination
- Produce and maintain a list of Simulation Systems catalog items
- Evaluating subcontractor cost and price data and working knowledge of federal travel regulations (FTR)
- Support organization leadership team with timely work products, data, analysis, and business information necessary to support company goals, objectives, and decision processes
- Recruit, train, develop, support, manage, mentor, evaluate, motivate, and provide timely and performance feedback for employees while ensuring employees have effective training and necessary tools to complete their work
- Support, develop, implement, and track department goals, objectives, and budgets regularly assessing and reporting key performance indicators (KPI) of the department against plan
- Support Finance and Program Management in program cost tracking, control and reporting necessary to support leadership reporting needs and requirement
- Coordinates with customer's financial liaison and Finance to define specific requirements that may affect contractual concerns.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all company policies and business practices with company polices
- BS / BA in Engineering or Business; ten years' experience with cost estimation, tracking and control systems in an engineering and manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting / Finance or Government contract experience and familiarity with FARs/DFARs background essential with additional skills required as they relate to proposal pricing and cost management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project (or Project Server) Infor SyteLine, SAP, or other similar enterprise level ERP system
- Exhibit and practice professional and courteous behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to other employees and departments.
- Accountable for the security of FSI materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FSI products.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
- Able to adhere to a work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.