Carpenter/Packer A (Broken Arrow, OK, US, 74012)
About FlightSafety International
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides training for pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full-flight simulators and award-winning maintenance training at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Canada, France and the United Kingdom.
Purpose of Position
Fabricates and assembles without supervision all wooden pallets, boxes, cabinets, or other shopping structures for packing and shipping of all Simulator training devices or components for transporting to the required destination safely.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reads blueprints, shipping notices, and types of transportation and other specificat to determine means of shipping.
- Inspects product to determine size and shape of container materials to be used types of supports and braces to be used.
- Lays out dimensions on materials with ruler, measuring tape and pencil. Saws mate to size.
- Assembles materials. Places product in container.
- Wraps and pads product with appropriate packing material.
- Builds crates or containers around large or odd shaped articles. Screws cover on cr Wraps and tightens banding material around crate.
- Attaches identification label or stencils containing such information as ship destination, weight and type of product contained on crate as required.
- Repairs broken crates as necessary.
- Counts items to be packed to ensure compliance with shipping orders. Weigh loa crate.
- Loads trucks as necessary.
- Moves container to shipping area and movers lumber and other wrapping supplie crating area.
- Exhibit and practice professional and courteous behavior while interacting with internal and external customers.
- Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to other employees and departments.
- Accountable for the control and distribution of documents and/or equipment subject to export control restrictions and the security of FSI materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FSI products.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
- Able to adhere to a work schedule including prompt and regular attendance. Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
High School diploma or equivalent
One year related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Valid Drivers License and be able to pass company required forklift training
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.