Michael foods, Inc. is a leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocer and potato product and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that First in Food – where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Responsible for production processes by providing direction and supervising staff ensuring that company policies, procedures, and government laws are followed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with good manufacturing practices.
- Provides a safe work environment for all personnel.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operation problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Requests and directs services of maintenance, sanitation, safety and other personnel as may be necessary to achieve the desired level and quality of production, sanitation, and warehouse services.
- Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
- Responsible for ingredient usage and all other department costs.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records (i.e. timecards, downtime records, absentee records, etc).
- Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Encourages suggestions form employees which will improve production, quality, safety, and /or control costs of production.
- Keeps processing manager informed on operating and/or employee problems, quality, safety and/or control costs of production.
- Maintains consistent communications and monthly department meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2+ years supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment with progressive leadership responsibility.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations
- Able to train and motivate department personnel
- Able to supervise department personnel in a fair and consistent manner.
- Must be able to recognize problem situations and take appropriate steps to resolve.
- Strong organizational and mechanical skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and SAP
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish verbal communication skills are a plus.